Welcome to Beverly Jacobs Equine Massage.
- Is your horse girthy?
- Has your horse started refusing jumps?
- Is your horse slightly off, but nothing shows up on xrays or standard tests?
- Has your horse started refusing to take a lead?
Horses are athletes and can injure, overuse, or misuse their muscles just as human athletes can.The best protection against injuries is prevention.
I am a Certified Equine Massage Therapist qualified to do the following types of massage: Structural Integration (Rolfing), Relaxation, Swedish, Sports massage, Body Balancing, Stress Point and Trigger Point Therapy, Performance Enhancement, and Stimulation massage, and Myofascial Release.
Tight muscles can not release quickly or completely, and reduces the horse’s ability to perform. The muscular system is 60% of the horse’s total body weight and is responsible for motion. When muscles are repeatedly strained, there is a loss of free motion. If your horse has any of the following symptoms: girthiness or cold back, lack of impulsion, head tossing, refusing to pick up a canter lead, difficulty with lateral movement, unexplained lameness, sourness, he may very well benefit from massage therapy. Tightness in one muscle can transmit from one muscle group to another, causing widespread pain and restriction in movement. You should see or feel immediate improvement in disposition, movement, flexibility, and desire to go forward when that tightness is addressed. All horse, of all ages, can benefit from massage. Massage, along with good saddle fit, shoeing, dental care, and nutrition should be routine care for your horse.
I now offer cold laser treatment. Lasers treat: Acute or Chronic Ligament Pain/Damage, Tendons, Muscles, Feet, Abscesses, Scar tissue, Sore backs, Wounds, Stifles & Hamstrings, and Hocks & Knees to name a few uses.
Benefits of Equine Massage:
- Plays an important role in keeping our horses pain free
- Maintains flexibility
- Increases range of motion
- Improves gaits
- Prevents injury
- Loosens muscles so horse can move correctly
- Aids in healing injured muscles
- Allows body to move without pain
- Increases blood supply and oxygen and carries away metabolic waste
- Prevents and relieves adhesions
- Releases endorphins
Regular massage can:
- Relieve tension and soreness by loosening tight muscles
- Restore injured muscles to healthy state
- Rebalance entire muscular system and create an anatomically correct body
I am located and available for appointments in Sonoma County. I will travel outside of Sonoma County for an additional travel fee. I also attend many dressage, 3 day, and jumper shows. Ask me about my show specials.